Yesterday, X-Plus tweeted a photo of the upcoming Large Monster Series Pacific Rim Leatherback under a black light with exciting results. Seen above is the Standard version of the figure glowing as the monster did in the movie.
And the Ric Boy version looks even more brilliant…
Before you get excited, these photos most likely look more brilliant than they would in person. Taking photographs in low light requires longer shutter speeds and it’s difficult to capture what the eye sees. This is good news for the toy photographer as you should be able to reproduce these results.
That’s assuming, of course, that X-Plus shot the same figures we’re all about to get and didn’t use special paint just for these photos.
Leatherback is available to pre-order Now!
If you want the Ric Boy version you better act now. Pre-orders close on May 24. And don’t forget that Japan is in our future, so make your deadline May 23.
The Ric comes with a wider mouth, erect head tendrils, extended gill plates on the back and more greenish paint highlights all around. You can order it here.
• Original X-Plus Ric Boy Leatherback Page.
• High Resolution Leatherback Photos at SciFi Japan.
• Original Kaiju Addicts Post about Leatherback.
• Get the Standard Leatherback at AmiAmi – $127.
• Get the Standard Leatherback at Hobby Search – $129.
• Get the Standard Leatherback at Hobby Link Japan – $135.
• Follow X-Plus on Twitter here.